This is the go-to recipe for delicious Sunday pancakes that fills our home with a crispy smell and brings everyone around the breakfast table.
- 2 eggs (medium)
- 270 g flour for all uses
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 6 g baking soda
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 260 ml whole milk
- 4 tbsp butter (at room temperature)
- Some olive oil (for the pan)
- Place the pan on a medium to low heat and make sure the butter melts well, without burning.
- At the same time, take a large bowl and add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, milk, and sugar.
- Pour the melted butter into the bowl after removing the pan from the heat, and mix very well with a hand whisk until a smooth mixture is created.
- Finally, add the eggs and continue mixing until they’re completely homogenized with the dough mixture.
- Put the pan back on medium to high heat, and use a sheet of kitchen paper to grease it with olive oil. After you have thoroughly greased its surface with the paper, take two big spoonful’s of the dough, and toss them in the centre of the pan. With the back of the spoon, spread the mixture well, giving it the desired shape.
- Bake the pancake on one side and, as soon as small bubbles start to form in the dough, turn it on the other side with the help of a spatula.
- Serve the pancakes hot, with your desired toppings!
Try serving the pancakes with syrup and crispy bacon strips, or cottage cheese. The shift between sweet and salty is glorious.
Share this post